Thousands of years old, originating from the Aztecs, the Toltecs and Nahuas, and mixed with religious customs, the Día de Muertos or Day of the Dead is undoubtedly one of the most awaited celebrations of the year. The group of La Voz de la Comunidad and the Lower Columbia Hispanic Council extend an invitation to the whole community and to the neighboring communities to be part of this memorable celebration. Saturday, November 2nd at the Barbey Maritime Center, 1792 Marine Drive, Astoria, OR 97103.
There will be:
- Traditional dances by
- local folkloric dance group, Mi Cultura
- local danza group, Resistant Culture
- Hispanic dishes and beverages for sale from Monte Alban
- Activities for the whole family
- Sale of Mexican products
- Altar exhibition
We welcome the community to participate in the following ways:
- Add items to the community altar in celebration of the lives of loved ones that have passed (i.e. picture, food, drink, etc.)
- We will also have a pet altar for your furry lost loved ones! (i.e. collar, picture, favorite toy)
- Participate in the Literary Calaveritas Contest; for more details visit: https://lchispaniccouncil.org/en/literary-calaveritas-contest/
- Vote for the Literary Calaveritas Contest winner at the celebration!
- Volunteer! If interested in volunteering, please contact Andrea Gonzalez at email@example.com
Special thanks to our generous sponsors and the Columbia River Maritime Museum for donating the space!