September 15th thru October 15th is National Hispanic Heritage Month and it is our pleasure to invite you to our yearly Hispanic Heritage Celebration!
A big thanks to this year’s sponsors: Northwest Health Foundation, Martin North, Craft3, Bank of the Pacific, Astoria-Warrenton Area Chamber of Commerce, U.S. Bank (3117 – Astoria, OR), & Knutsen Insurance
The event will be held on September 15th, 2018 at St. Mary’s Star of the Sea 1465 Grand Ave, Astoria, OR 97103 from 3pm-8pm. Entry is free!
Activities & Entertainment:
- Musical Trio: Alma Sureña
- Traditional Mexican Folk dance presented by the group “Mi Cultura”
- Free interactive Zumba demonstration by Astoria Movement Center
- Explore traditional cultural items and historical content from many Latin American countries
- Various Hispanic dishes for sale from local restaurants and food vendors
- Beverages and food will be available for sale by the Hispanic Council
- Piñata, raffle, and more activities for the whole family!
We’ll be kicking off the event with a salsa-making competition with two categories:
Businesses- Restaurant-Salsa Competition Rules 2018 Entry fee is $50.00, which should be turned in with registration form no later than August 31st. If business has donated food to event, fee will be waived. Prize: 1st place winner will receive a “Best Salsa 2018” plaque for their business!
Amateurs- Amateur-Salsa Competition Rules 2018 There is NO entry fee and anyone can join. A registration form must be submitted to be in the competition. Prizes: $100 for 1st place, $50 for 2nd place, and $25 for 3rd place
Contact us at 503-325-4547 for more information about the event or if you are interested in volunteering!
*All proceeds will go towards continuing funding for our services and programs!